The commencement of the Kitchen

Right!
So I actually got something done when I planned to for once. I didn't get it all done by any means, but I did get some...

So I had revealed my cheap Ikea and spray paint trick to cabinet handles, and here's how that worked out -


I find the transformation really great! 
It ended up looking like this Amerock pull


I couldn't be more pleased with the result for the money!


My only real complaint is that I'm not perfect with spray paint, so some areas have dripped a little, and others have inconsistencies. 
Also, it was really annoyingly hard to spray paint all the way to the underside of the pulls. Not fun.

We also ended up spray painting the hinges (they are exposed) since they were a dirty brass colour. 
Honestly, I wouldn't spray paint the hinges again. Talk about a pain!
Aaaand I nearly ran out of spray paint. That could have been really annoying....

((Note to self, the next house needs to have close proximity to the local Lowes store))



We will be putting them up tonight, I'll share some more tomorrow!



Comments

Popular Posts