Indigo world

So I had a plan to make a world map painting for my new parlour. I ordered a dark blue vinyl decal, and it finally came in last Thursday, so I did some crafting this weekend. 
A little bit of paint and modpodge on canvas made a nice vintage style piece!


Don't mind my ceiling. That still needs to be painted.

Here is a step by step of how it was done....

First off, make sure the vinyl will, in fact, fit.

I used watered-down paint to make the background. It's quicker, and cheaper.

I did one layer lighter, first, then brought in the darker tones...

Next, a modpodge layer. I used a matte finish.

Then it's time to apply the vinyl. It was a nightmare, hence the blurriness.

I did a final coat of mod podgy over it just to make sure the vinyl didn't decide to come off.

Then complete!

Hang and admire.








Comments

Popular Posts