Maybe, maybe not

It's frustrating. Being young and trying to start a life.
There are people that expect things of you, and there are things you expect from yourself. All of those things are hindering your happiness.

Just simply trying to get things done is exhausting. Having a 5 year plan is no longer a challenge of a question. It's a necessity. And guess what? You probably won't be where you planned in 5 years...


Either way, this weekend (Sunday) is my anniversary for my simple 10 year plan.
I am 10 years cancer-free as of this weekend!

There will be a lot of people saying how much I have grown, and how far I've come. Problem is, I don't feel that way.

By my 24th year of life I expected a great job, to be married, to have a house, and to be on the kid-track.
- I have an okay job, I think I deserve more, but who doesn't?
- I'm not married (It seems as though everyone else is though)
- We almost had our own house, but that fell through
- I am in no means ready to be thinking about kids


I looked at this list and then I realized a couple things....
- I've accomplished a pretty good job - I did just get a promotion - So I can't complain too much there.
- I'm kinda married, if you count common-law, which the government does, so I guess I kinda got that one.
- We are renting a full house, and we are allowed to make a good amount of the decisions with painting and renos.
- I do have two puppy dogs which are getting me started for kids, and filling the hole in the meantime.


Things aren't so bad. So let's jump back out there!

Comments

Popular Posts