Betrayed by my own clothes

My closet collapsed on me for a second time.

Yup.

What I have learned is that my boyfriend was right when he said I had too many clothes... or that I need to read up on fasteners for plaster before going ahead with a shelving project.


The good news is that I learned this before we attempted to put all our liquor on two shelves in the dining room. That could have been really bad...


Anywho, this is what I have learned for "heavy duty" shelving projects (all my projects are potentially heavy duty) - use the following;


These are called Toggle Bolts. Put the bolt into the screw hole, attach the toggle to the end (only part way on), fold the toggle to fit into a pre-drilled hole large enough for it to go through, push the entire contraption back into the wall until the toggle "clicks" into place, then just screw in until tight.

Four of these per shelf, and I don't think I will have an issue. Yaaayyy


Comments

Popular Posts