Taste of Calcutta

Since I mentioned my bathroom reno in my last post, I figured I would share a little idea of what it will be...

I literally changed my mind yesterday when I came back from lunch and found out we were bringing in some new stock tiles here at work. I have always loved the look of Calcutta Marble and when I saw a porcelain tile polished up all nice to look like calcutta I changed my bathroom right then and there.

I don't have an actual picture of the tile I'm getting, but this one is close;
http://thebuilderdepot.wordpress.com/category/calacatta-gold/

I also got really excited about this because I have a piece of real calcutta to use as the threshold to my bathroom.... I can't believe how perfect! And even more perfect?! The boyfriend agrees!!!

So we will be reglazing the wall tiles in white and tossing this on the floor... can't wait to share finished pictures (this time I will be asking one of my installers to do the tile!). I will be painting this weekend which will be a nice bluish grey (Valspar paint of course!)




KEEP IN MIND - Tile companies almost always have some amount of stock, because they can bring in thousands of square feet at a time they get better prices and those prices are [usually] passed on to the customer.
Don't head straight to Home Depot and Lowes for your cheaper tiles, more often than not smaller tile companies are at par or better than those big box stores as far as quality and price goes! 


Comments

Popular Posts