So much DIY so little time!

So, we are mostly through the weekend and about 2 of my plans are almost done.

I started on the bathroom, took down the wallpaper boarder and patched up the holes and cracks with fiberglass mesh tape. Here is how it's looking;

Quick tip if you're taking down wallpaper... One part fabric softener, one part warm water - Saturate the wallpaper with it and let it sit a few min. I like to use a putty knife to scrape it all off... Mainly because I'm so impatient.
That bathroom is staying as is for right now until I have the strength to patch all those holes.

Moving on.... My most excited part? The HAMMOCK! Well that is sitting in a pile of wood that I haven't even cut yet.. you ask why? Well, I can sum it up in one photo;

This was my mother's doing since we were working so hard on the garden all day. I must admit, it's a lovely gesture.

Speaking of the garden... It has been weeded (for the most part)!

And the vegetables are in!

Isn't it cute. We have banana peppers, beefsteak tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and english and pickling cucumbers. There are some flowers still waiting to be put in which will hopefully be done today...

So what have I done this morning? Wood. I cut wood. Two 4x8 sheets of plywood for my collapsed closet (hate those rubbermaid configuration things) - yes my closet collapsed on top of me a few months ago and my clothes may or may not have been sitting in a pile on the floor since then...
Anyway, I also cut the wood to finally finish those dining room chairs that were supposed to be done after the dining table... oops. Well at least I have seats for the chairs...





Comments

Popular Posts