One of the most amazing DIY ideas...

This, I NEED to share!

It's not too often that I am so excited about something that I don't change the initial tutorial to something that suits me more... but this is just plain brilliant!

I was looking forever for a cheap counter-top solution... Either to go over my existing or get something new. Well, while to most people $500 is cheap, I can't imagine paying that much when I can redo my whole kitchen in granite for $1000 (thank you employee discount). So I looked and I looked... and in the meantime I did my back-splash and now I'm looking even harder since the new back-splash looks horrible with the existing counters.

My search started and ended on Pinterest... Here is the blog site with the tutorial;
http://karapaslaydesigns.blogspot.ca/2012/07/diy-ardex-concrete-countertops.html

The only change I plan on making is that Ardex is horribly expensive and hard to get, and one of our suppliers at work here can get Mapei products for me which I know has a very similar product called Planiprep FF.

Can't wait to get this started but bathroom comes before the kitchen... We set a date of the next long weekend... Canada day long weekend I will be working on my counters!!!



Comments

Popular Posts