Pick yourself up and coat yourself in sawdust!

I have finally stopped talking about it and put a new floor in the bathroom!

I tend to do things on a whim... which meant I put my boyfriend and I to work on my day off 2pm to 12am.

I decided against tile simply because I didn't want to deal with a 3/4" step into the bathroom (which meant cutting down the door and putting in a toilet flange extension) so I put in luxury vinyl plank flooring.

Now, when this product first came out, I was surprised with it, but oddly enough (unlike with most new products) I had a feeling it would really work out the way the company said.
The product in question is called FreeFit -
100% waterproof! Loose-lay luxury vinyl plank flooring. No locking system, just butt up next to each other!
-- Lifetime residential warranty --

All these things sound amazing, yet if you will be laying this floor yourself, there are some things I would like to say --
First - You can have no bumps or peaks in your floor. If you do, the product's warranty is void since it cannot be 100% waterproof at that point.
Second - Use a metal t-square for construction to cut straight lines against. Unless you have a crazy steady hand (I do not).
Third - cut under door jambs and trim. Don't try cutting around that shit, I was up until 12am trying to get it all right! ps. it's still not perfect


If anyone is interested in this product here is the website - http://www.freefitfloors.com/
And here is an installation video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWuDrZN-U0


I chose this product simply because it was left over from a job, and just collecting dust in our warehouse, and also because I want to tell people how easy it is to install and how it holds up in a bathroom.
My first choice was actually a locking system by Quickstyle called Unifloor Aqua. Hopefully I will be able to review that one one day as well.


Here are the photos!

This is the start... about 3:30pm or so at this point.

In process - I was feeling pretty good at this point - just fiddling with the annoying curved bathtub - 6pm.

About 9:30pm - nearly done, feeling the pain; little did I know the worst was to come.

11:50pm - Finally finished and looking amazing! The worst part was cutting around the door jambs. 

All we need now is a nice t-mould to connect the two floors!





Comments

  1. I fell in love with a Unifloor aqua sample and I'm curious to know if you've had an opportunity to work with the product? Also, your floor looks amazing. How has it held up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, I am familiar with the product. That was my other option to use for my floor, but I ended up getting Freefit for free.
    Unifloor Aqua is a click and lock system same as laminate, you need to make sure that there are no bumps in the floor - at all. If there is a hump you need to lay the floor accordingly. Unfortunately you may not be able to get around it, and will have to level the floor.
    Remember that with the Unifloor Aqua, you need an underlay (just like laminate) which is specific for floating vinyl floors. You probably fell in love with the product mainly because of price (I know I did) so don't forget to factor in the price of the underlay - It's not cheap.

    If you are looking for a lower price product that is easy to install, I would recommend the Freeform flooring. It's sold by the same company as Freefit and is used as a residential option (Freefit was mainly marketed toward being a commercial product).


    My floor is doing wonderfully, however, as I did mention, my floor has humps and bumps. For my floor to be 100% waterproof, those need to be corrected. But it does work for us very well! It's also warm on the feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other; our employees believes in working towards the needs of the customer first and the success of the company second. They know when our customer is satisfied, we are successful, and through this, they succeed.
    local fencing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts