Puppy Pocket

Anyone have pets? Or rather specifically, dogs?

I have two of the little troublemakers.

One is an overly-excited-2-year-old-child. Oh, I'm sorry if you don't have one, you won't understand... He's a beagle.

The other is a prissy little mutt, who I refuse to pamper with professional grooming because she will be even more of a priss than she already is. Also, I want her to realize she is, in fact, a dog. There is no need for this cat-like behaviour half of the time.

These dogs love the couch, but they get banished when we eat and have no where to go. So we set out to look for dog beds. What a pathetic venture that was. The cheapest you can find is at a place like Homesense or Homegoods... but they are still 30 and 40 bucks!

Seriously people, it's just a pillow.

I understand the retailers think that pet parents will spend money because they are like their children. True. However, I would even spend as little as possible on my own human children.

I say every dog-owner should learn to sew on a machine in a straight line. Problem solved.

How does this solve the problem, you say? If you can do a straight line, you can make a dog bed / pillow!

I went with a little more of a complicated bed style (granted, I've been sewing since I was 8), but that doesn't mean it can't be easy. Take a quick sewing course, or have a relative show you how...

                                                             

Comments

Popular Posts