Inspiration in stores

I'm going to follow my mind askew and talk about being inspired in stores.
So often I walk through Homesense [or Homegoods for you americans].... and think, that's great... $150????? Forget it! I can make that!

And the cycle commences.
Here's the cycle... take photo, keep photo in phone / camera for a few years, find photo again, find the drive, RECREATE.
Now you need to come to the realization that it probably won't turn out the same as what you saw... or it could even evolve into something completely different... It's all fun in the game of the cycle.


I'll have to share some of my recreations and inspirations...

Here is basically my first ever inspiration for a recreation;


I was a little embarrassed to take the photo as you can see, but I got the idea... The painting turned into a self portrait in samurai style which I cannot find a photo of at this time... I'll get back to you

The following was one I did for my Mom... trying to save her some money.

Inspiration;

The finished product isn't quite finished in my mind. So I'm going to wait to share it. (Ah the mind of a painter... which apparently is what my last name is derived from).

I'm planning on a few more to come...






Comments

Popular Posts