Searching for fresh ideas

This isn't easy.

When I first found out about Pinterest, it was great! So many ideas all in one place - especially for DIY furniture and alike.

I'm now finding myself frustrated.

There has been a crate box coffee table all over everywhere for months now. I think it's horrid, but people seem to like it a lot.

Here's my search;
diy coffee tables

Here's the percentage of the same thing I find;
75% ugly crate table
50% plain farm house style tables
20% hacked furniture (usually IKEA)
4.5% new ideas that don't work for me
0.5% something I can use as inspiration

The only issue with fads is that there is very little new ideas.

If you find this frustrating as well, here are my suggestions;

  1. If you're bored enough, search through Pinterest anyway
  2. Actually take a look at those Pinterest emails that they send out (no one does)
  3. Look on Etsy - there are some good ideas, even if you need to figure out how to make it yourself
  4. Use the good 'ol Google
  5. Search furniture brands you saw and liked (even on Houzz) and branch your ideas off of there
Good luck.

Comments

Popular Posts