A good way to hide the mess and Patio blues

It's not a mess per-say, but the doorway going down to the side door and the basement isn't the prettiest thing. It's also a pain to keep the dogs out of the basement with the current open set up.

We had decided to put some type of door in that spot a while back, but we hadn't gotten around to it.
... Until now!...

This summer is full of reasons to have people come over to my house, so I need to fix up the few more unsightly things. First, Argentina's first world cup game is this coming weekend, and I need to have some family over to celebrate this!

GOOOOOO ARGENTINAAAAAAAA



Ahem... anyway, so here's what I purchased on Kijiji this weekend -


It has been in the guy's garage for a while so it was a little dirty, but it did have all the hardware with it, which was nice.
I had tried to install it myself while the boyfriend was at a bbq, but I got stuck... The door is just a little too tall, and I can't cut a straight line without someone else holding it. So the door is put on hold, but hopefully we get it done in a day or two. I can't wait to paint it, and finish off the kitchen painting! It's all very exciting!






Also, I was looking at the patio furniture... It's in fine condition except that there is rust in some areas, which really makes it look old and unsightly. I had apparently come up with this idea a while ago, but I am finally doing it now! SPRAY PAINT! Hurrah!!!

I will have some sort of photos sometime this week for that. I don't think it will have time to be done until Thursday. I seriously can't wait!

Also, while I'm at it, I think I will finish off the railing in the front and the back.

Comments

Popular Posts