Thinking of breaking up with my custom coffee table... but wait!

Isn't it sad? The piece I expected to work anywhere and everywhere is failing to keep us happy.

The following is my sketch of the current 'unhappy' space...


See how the TV is only really view-able from one recliner on the couch? You can't even pull it out because of that darn table. The table is small for the couch on top of that. It's just so sad.

Then one day I come home to turning tables... ahaaa. No seriously, my boyfriend just turned the table...



O_o Seriously. Embarrassing. 
With all my training in space planning, this should have been my doing. 
This just goes to show how little I use my design knowledge now. My job is slowly crushing my creativity.

Anyway, so now we are enjoying the table as is... And then, a thought! We have always wanted more storage in a coffee table... so lets add some drawers, and while we are at it... wanna know what's great? A lifting top for your drinking and eating pleasure. Even MORE convenience in one item! Perfect. Here's the sketch;

Some bugs still need to be figured out, but I'll get there... I hope to have this done sometime in September at the latest.



Comments

Popular Posts