Okay, OKAY. I'm back.

Yes yes I'm horrible at blogging, but I did prepare you for that, now didn't I?

So... here's the scoop. Closet is done! Hammock is not.
Now before asking why, let me explain... the wood has been cut for the hammock. It was piled to work on and the dog kept peeing on it... Those darn male dogs... So the wood stinks. Secondly, there is a very real chance I won't even be in this province by the end of the year and I don't want to move with a large item like a hammock stand.

So moving on! Pictures of the closet are on their way... also, a new project I did in a day - new pillow covers! That was apparently essential to having house guests, so I did it the day before they came. Hah.
Oh! AND the bathroom (minus the tile, that is a scary project). Speaking of tile, I don't think I ever shared my experience with backsplash tiling... I'll share photos and thoughts on that as well.

Been doing a lot of family-ing so not much has gotten done (and more family-ing to come so don't bug me).
Some of the clutter has been dealt with though, lets look at my list again;

- Finally fix my fallen closet in my bedroom, I shouldn't be so stressed looking for clothes in the morning
- Get rid of clothes that no longer fit (I don't care if I loose the weight tomorrow, it goes today!)
- Get rid of shoes my surgeon told me I am not allowed to wear... if I need shoes for a special occasion I will buy the proper ones
Get rid of clothes that are damaged (none of these fix-it ideas allowed)
Get rid of the clothes that I haven't worn in the past little while (I found the best thing for this... ask yourself if you were shopping at this moment, would you buy the item? flawless plan!)
Get rid of socks with holes... who doesn't hate having a hole in their sock?
- Donate all the fabric that is waiting on a project... if I have a project in mind it can stay but it needs to be done within the year or kaput goes the fabric plans
- Designate a shelf for all things tools
- Go through sheet music... if I don't feel like playing it, it needs to go
- Get rid of old sheets... We no longer have a guest bed, those extras need to go (3 is enough)
- Put the Canadian Tire money in one place, as well as other nic-nacs
- Have a designated place for dog toys, some of them are like stepping on legos... and don't even start me on stepping on a squeaking toy in the middle of the night!
- Fix the bathroom... we have minimal storage to begin with, so it may as well be good
- Throw out shopping bags and boxes from things bought previously... they take up space
- Finish putting up pictures... those extra canvases need to be put away for now
- Organize the new spare room, we never wanted it to become a place for things that don't have a place
- Create bins for the two of us... random things out of place get put in the bin to be put away when there is time so they aren't out creating stress

Not bad! I can't take all the credit though. My hunky assistant did take over the spare room, putting up pictures, and the shelf for the tools.


Comments

Popular Posts